- Dan Trombly defends the relevance of aircraft carriers against Robert Haddick. This strikes me as Robert Farley territory.
- A new strain of wheat fungus discovered in South Africa.
- The quest to coin a phrase for Obama “grand strategy” continues. Meh.
- Matt Fay knocks around the Romney campaign’s obsession with the Polish third site. I can’t help wondering, though, if GOP advisors from the Bush Administration are merely angry that the Obama Administration undid what must have involved a lot of difficult diplomatic work.
- This strikes me as an odd way to frame Machiavelli’s ethics.
- Andrew Gelman on cigarettes, cancer, and statistics.
- Dan Drezner recounts his brush with television-punditry fame.
- Steve Burt reviews “Raccoons.”
- Francis Fukuyama will discuss at a Washington, DC screening of The Road Warrior.