Dan’s still ill so you’re stuck with me for Day Two. Here’s some links:
- Via The Monkey Cage (I’m not stealing, I’m curating) comes this link to an Inside Higher Ed article about the five-year humanities Ph.D..
- Identity, legacy, institutions, and Indiana basketball
- One of the things that grabs me about IR scholarship is that (to my knowledge) churches are not among the IOs or NGOs that we study on their own terms. But consider the Anglican communion. (Please correct me, don’t flame me, in the comments–and remember that Dan isn’t writing this.)
- Or, of course: habemus twitter.
- Despite what some prominent IR scholars claim, there’s a place for studying quantitative methodology in its own right
And, to fill space, here’s my favorite Amazon book purchases over the past 12 months (I’m not Tyler Cowen, I don’t read enough to do a “best books of 2012 list,” but I can do a “best books I’ve read in 2012” list):