Thanks to all of you who voted for this year’s OAIS Blogging Awards finalists. We had an amazing pool of nominees again this year in all four categories. We had a record voter turnout — it’s exciting to see the growth in interest in the Duckies in the past three years. It is even more exciting to see and read all of the incredible intellectual contributions made by all of the bloggers in the IR field.
We are pleased to announce this year’s finalists. Finalists will now be reviewed by a panel of judges that includes last year’s winners and Duck of Minerva permanent contributors. We will announce the winners at the OAIS Blogging Awards and Reception on Feb
20 19, at the ISA Conference in New Orleans. Congratulations to the finalists!
Best Blog Post
1. Oliver Kaplan, “Garcia Marquez’ Magical Realism: It’s Real.” at Political Violence at a Glance
2. Megan Price and Anita Gohdes, “Searching for Trends: Analyzing Patterns in Conflict Violence Data,” at Political Violence at a Glance
3. Marc Lynch, “Reflections on the Arab Uprisings,” at The Monkey Cage
4. Laura Seay and Kim Yi Dionne, “The Long and Ugly Tradition of Treating Africa as a Diry, Diseased Place,” at The Monkey Cage
5. Erica Chenoweth, “Nonviolent Conflicts in 2014 That You May Have Missed Because They Were Nonviolent,” at Political Violence at a Glance