It’s that time of year again! The ISA Theory Section is going through the process of determining its executive board for the following 1-2 years. We are actively soliciting nominations for the position of Graduate-Student representative, and are happy to place any other interested parties on the slate for any of the other four positions as well (see descriptions below). Please e-mail email@example.com if you are interested in running for any of the five officer positions, by the 6th of March.
- The Chair is responsible for calling meetings and presiding over them, coordinating section activities, acting as liaison with the ISA and acting as the official spokesperson of the Section unless the Executive Committee determines otherwise. The Chairperson is also responsible for preparing and presenting the annual report at the AGM in collaboration with the other officers. Finally, the Chairperson appoints, with the consultation of the Executive Committee, members of Section awards committees.
- The Vice-chairperson is responsible for organizing the Theory Section-sponsored panels at the ISA annual convention in collaboration with the chairperson. This means that she or he is our program chair.
- The Publicity Officer is responsible for outreach, such as through preparation and circulation of a Section Newsletter at least once a year, in collaboration with other officers.
- The Section Treasurer shall be responsible for raising funds and approving their expenditure in consultation with the chairperson, keeping accurate financial records, and for drawing up an annual balance sheet to be presented at the AGM.
- The Graduate Student Representative participates in all communication and discussions of the executive board with an equal voice to represent the interest of graduate students.
We will assemble the electronic ballot and open voting on Monday 9 March, and leave the voting open until Friday 20 March.