After a two-year COVID-induced hiatus, the International Studies Association Online Media Caucus (OMC) is pleased to announce the return of the Duckies!
Please send you nominations to email@example.com by February 25, 2022. We encourage self-nominations.
Note that the OMC has updated the awards to reflect the current topography of the online media environment. We now award Duckies in the following categories:
- Best Blog Post by a Senior Scholar (post-tenure, or a non-tenured scholar active for five years or more)
- Best Blog Post by a Junior Scholar (pre-tenure, or a non-tenured scholar active for five years or fewer
- Best Audio/Visual Entry (e.g., podcasts, YouTube channel)
- Best Twitter Account
- Special Achievement in International Studies Online Media
- Best Non-English Social Media of Any Type
These awards go to creators and producers of online media in international studies that have significant scholarly content, policy impact, or pedagogical value.
Once the nominations deadline has passed, the Online Media Caucus will judge the nominations and determine winners. Once again, we encourage self-nominations. If you have any questions please contact 2021-2022 Online Media Caucus Chair Peter Trumbore.
Our reception – which is where we present winners with their awards* – will take place on Wednesday, March 30th at 6:45pm. As always, the reception will feature speakers in the Ignite series. The ISA Online Media Caucus appreciates the generous support of the Carnegie Corporation.
*Award nominees, or their designated representatives, must attend our reception in order to be considered for the award.