|This Bear is Ready for Duck Season
Photo: Dan Nexon
- Major strike in India to protest liberalization.
- William Burr: Presidential Decision Directive 59 and nuclear warfighting under Carter.
- James Joyner provides further dissection of the apparent implosion of the US exit strategy in Afghanistan.
- Fresh Air interviews Doug Sanders about his new book, The Myth of the Muslim Tide.
- Zephyr Teachout at Mobilizing Ideas on “Big Data and Big Money.”
- David Kaib’s discussion of observations from the outgoing editors of the APSR probably deserves its own post, but I don’t have the time right now. Bottom-line: reading less and writing more is starting to negatively impact the quality of citations in the flagship US political-science journal.
- Gerard Toal asked me to to publicize what’s happening with the Department of Politics and Government at Ben Gurion University.
- Thanks for all the great suggestions for future podcasts. Most won’t be reflected in the upcoming batch — as they are already recorded or scheduled — but I will definitely be hitting up the people you’ve listed. It makes it easier to convince subjects when I can point to concrete demand.