|Maybe we should have named the blog the “Seal of Minerva.”
Photo: Dan Nexon
- The US exit strategy in Afghanistan is in shambles; Josh Foust explains.
- Jing Gao describes condemnations of the anti-Japan riots on Weibo (via Doug Saunders); LA Times story quotes Jessica Weiss on the riots, who knows much about these things (via Erica Chenoweth).
- Aaron Belkin et al. assess the impact of the repeal of DADT (PDF). Spoiler Alert: military effectiveness hasn’t collapsed.
- Consensus is that Romney’s press conference didn’t go well; John Sides explains why this is unlikely to matter. I tend to agree, but I think John is overly dismissive of the marginal impact of major mistakes to serve as information shortcuts for voters.
- Daniel Little reflects on “what makes universities better.”