I’ve realized that it is mathematically impossible to finish what I need to get done before ISA. So this will be brief.
- Some of this morning’s world-politics headlines: deposit levy fails in Cyprus, leading to emergency talks; ROK banking and television computer networks hit by “virus”; and Al Qaeda in Africa claims to have beheaded a French hostage.
- Joe Cirincione rips into the Ground-based Midcourse Defense system. And more on the Phase 4 announcement from Collina, Kimball, and Thielmann.
- Henry Farrell on Acemboglu’s and Robinon’s political evolution, reflected in a new paper arguing that a “theory of politics” should shift economic analysis of the benefits of unions.
- Steve Saideman: Iraq War “not the Single Worst Decision in the History of American Foreign PolicyTM.”
- The new issue of Perspective on Politics contains a piece by Kate McNamara and Dan Drezner on the 2008 crisis and International Political Economy.