- Michael Krepon: “inferred vs. demonstrable deterrence.”
- Election fraud, the 1862 election, and the outcome of the Civil War.
- Matt Fay likes the new Lieber and Press article on nuclear terrorism.
- “Prisoner’s Dilemma” is a metaphor, but I suppose it was only a matter of time before someone tried it on actual prisoners. Via lots of academics.
- Robin Hanson riffs on metrics for scholars…. and elaborates a notion of “impressive power.”
- I used to drive the spouse to work via Logan Circle, back when it was largely known to outsiders as a hangout for prostitutes. Has the change been all for the good?