- Boehner is backing Obama after this briefing.
- via CIVIC, the unclassified version of the USG’s assessment of the Ghouta attack.
- Drezner on IR theory in practice.
- The politics of academic salaries. Via.
- Rising star Dara Kay Cohen is featured in the Chronicle of Higher Education for her pathbreaking work as a scholar/public intellectual of wartime sexual violence. Unfortunately article is paywalled.
- I skipped APSA but learned via Phil Arena on Facebook of this terrific paper presented by Bear Braumoeller arguing against the declining war thesis. Goes to show Drezner is right about conference networking: present smart stuff well and others will toot your horn for you.
- The ICRC has finally issued a statement on autonomous weapons. [It does not join a call for a ban but states that there must be “certainty” that AWS can be used in compliance with IHL.]
- In its continued bid for leadership on humanitarian issues, France led a UN meeting on autonomous weapons today.
- Matthew Kroenig on why US nuclear disarmament is a bad idea.