- The Assad regime says the Syrian conflict is at a stalemate.
- Meanwhile a cease-fire between Free Syrian Army and Islamic State in Iraq and Syria forces in Azaz.
- Roy Gutman from McClatchy reports on some of the dynamics between FSA and radical Islamists.
- Battling it out in public — McCain in Pravda responding to Putin; Rouhani in yesterday’s Washington Post; Assad on Fox.
- New pressure to bring Israel into the Chemical Weapons Convention?
- Here’s another cool data visualization site — this one on global migration patterns.
- Malcolm Gladwell looks at some interesting data on relative student performance across colleges and universities in STEM fields and concludes that students shouldn’t go to the top college they get into.