What you need to know about the recent policy change and the reactions.
- Where to start: the excellent NYT and Washington Post articles on the removal of the exclusion.
- Here’s a great breakdown on storify of the “some things to know” about the exclusion and the changes.
- Rachel Maddow weighs in on her blog, calling the change a dramatic step forward.
- Josh Voorhees on the Slate reminds readers that the proposal gives the military three years to identify any roles that they wish to remain closed for women- so the devil is indeed in the details.
- Former Marine Infantryman Ryan Smith warns of “the realities that await women in combat” in this critical Washington Post opinion piece.
- Will the policy change mean that women will have to register for the draft? Answers to the question can be found here.