- The United Nations refuses to pay compensation to victims of the cholera it brought to Haiti. Not really a surprise. Read Jonathon Katz’s The Big Truck That Went By.
- Joshua Landis’ survey of the debate over counting casualties in Syria. There is a strong sense that the numbers are under-reported.
- Megan Price and her team at the Human Rights Data Analysis Group are still analyzing the numbers presented in their preliminary report.
- Marc Lynch hosts a debate on whether or not to arm the Syrian rebels.
- After listening to Sean Lynn-Jones’ podcast, my weekend read: David Shambaugh’s China Goes Global: The Partial Power.
- Steve Hess on why there hasn’t been a China spring.
- A cool skateboarding trip through the ghost-city of Ordos — the great example of China’s internal over-reach: https://vimeo.com/51333291#