Miscellaneous musings for the weekend.
- If this is true, then will the sequester be over by the next Congressional recess? Any idea as to why so many trips to Switzerland?
- I seriously doubt it has anything to do with this.
- Mattea Kramer and Chris Hellman find that we’ve spent $791bn on Homeland Security since 9/11 — compared to an inflation-adjusted $500bn for the entire New Deal.
- On-going stress in India about Pakistan’s nuclear capabilities and new developments in India’s own capabilities.
- A basic primer on Iran
- “One of the most bizarre relationships in international relations?”
- Thinking about the prequel to Argo.
- Wow! (I think). Rat to rat brain connections. Where will this technology lead us? Darpa is behind it? Really?
- Michael Klare warns of danger in the South China Sea.
- Probably not very effective, but THIS is definitely creative.